After considerable research and engagement with key stakeholders, a range of options has been created for the staged development of Queenstown Airport through to 2045. All of the options have different benefits and potential impacts on the communities we serve and the regional economy.
The next stage of the Master Plan process is taking our thinking to date and seeking community views on what a sustainable future looks like and how the airport can achieve the best balance of social, environmental and economic benefits.
We’d love to hear what you think about:
- The airport’s forecasts
- Whether 5 million passengers (2.5 million visitors/residents) per year by 2045 is a sustainable level of growth
- The options we have developed
- The opportunities you see presented by this Master Plan
- Any concerns you have
- Any questions you’d like answered that are not covered in the Questions and Answers section.
How to have your say
- Provide your feedback via our survey. You may wish to keep a copy of the Master Plan Options summary document open while completing the survey.
- Talk to us at our community Fly In visits around the region – see the schedule of events here.
- Become involved through tourism, business or resident groups to bring us a collective view on what’s important.
Got a question?
We've put together a list of frequently asked questions and answers in case they’re helpful.
In the meantime, if you have a question, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll come back to you ASAP.
- Infrastructure needed around an airport (PDF 427KB)
- Queenstown Lakes District Regional Growth Projections (PDF 456KB)