Business as usual at Queenstown Airport after spring snow fall
12 Oct 2016
Queenstown Airport visitors experienced a winter wonderland when they arrived at the airport this morning Wednesday 12 October.
Snow fell to ground level throughout the district and areas surrounding the airport overnight. Airport staff cleared the runway of light slush by 7am and aside from one slight flight delay earlier today, flights continue as scheduled.
Queenstown Airport CEO Colin Keel said it was not unusual for Queenstown to see snow at this time of year.
“It pretty much can snow any month of the year here. It certainly would have been a wonderful surprise for our visitors waking up to this stunning winter wonderland. What a memorable view they’ll have flying out of Queenstown today,” he said.
Picture caption: Please credit Queenstown Airport
1/ Overnight snow fall made for a pretty picture flying from Queenstown today
- Top tips for travelling this winter
- Queenstown Airport launches compost initiative
- Statement in response to Mountain Scene article ‘Rental Shocker’ (Thursday 31 March)
- Queenstown and Wānaka ready and waiting to welcome Aussies back
- Queenstown Airport encourages Government to provide certainty for ski season
View All News