We're joining the big New Zealand ShakeOut
21 Sep 2015
Queenstown Airport is proud to be joining the nationwide earthquake drill on 15 October 2015 at 09.15am.
Drop, cover and hold is the easiest and best way to protect yourself if you are in the home, workplace or outside during an earthquake. Take shelter as quickly as possible wherever you are.
If you are inside a building, move no more than a few steps, then Drop, Cover and Hold to protect yourself from falling objects. Stay indoors till the shaking stops and you are sure it is safe to exit.
The Queenstown Airport building is built to 100% IL3. Here, and in most buildings in New Zealand, you are safest staying put until the shaking stops.
Why are we all getting involved?
- New Zealand experiences more than 20,000 earthquakes annually. Around 100 are significant enough to be felt on the ground.
- Everyone everywhere should know the right actions to take before, during and after an earthquake.
- We want people to know what the Drop, Cover and Hold drill is, practice it and be able to do it quickly
- It is an excellent opportunity for businesses, organisations, families and individuals to develop, review or test their emergency plans.
For more information
Check out the QLDC shakeout website. Other updates, tips and videos can be found on www.facebook.com/NzGetThru and www.twitter.com/nzgetthru; and keep an eye on Queenstown Airport's website for more information about our drill closer to the time.
- Strong revenue delivers solid annual result for Queenstown Airport Corporation
- End-to-end self-service check-in solution implemented
- Airspresso at Queenstown Airport turns five
- New General Manager Corporate and Community Affairs joins QAC
- Welcome and take care over Queenstown Winter Festival
View All News