Queenstown Airport offering free parking for locals
14 Oct 2021
Queenstown Airport is offering locals two hours free parking for the next two weeks, from Friday 15 October to Sunday 31 October, in a bid to support its retailers.
Between 11.30am and 1.30pm* anyone wanting to do a spot of shopping, enjoy some delicious food or coffee, or greet or farewell loved ones will be able to take advantage of the free parking.
Jess Watson, Commercial Manager, said while the last 18 months had been tough for the airport’s tenants, the last few months without visitors from Auckland had been particularly difficult.
“We hope that free parking will encourage locals to enjoy lunch with a side of plane spotting or the opportunity to do some early Christmas shopping at one of our great outlets. It’s the perfect opportunity for locals to support local businesses.
“This small initiative is part of Queenstown Airport’s wider support programme, implemented in early 2020, which has provided over $6.75million in rent relief and other in-kind support to our tenants,” Jess said.
Those after a touch of retail therapy can support local businesses including Kapa, Paper Plus, Remarkable Sweet Shop, Outside Sports and Global Culture. Patagonia, Airspresso, and Hikari all offer great food and drink options daily, while resident favourite Habebes is popping up every Wednesday – Friday in the forecourt.
Some of the Airport’s retailers and food and beverage outlets are getting behind the promotion with locals’ specials:
- If shoppers sign up as an Outside Sports Loyal Customer, they’ll get 10% off RRP and a $20 voucher for their next purchase when they spend at least $100
- Hikari, Remarkable Sweet Shop, and Global Culture are all offering a 10% discount
- Paper Plus is offering ‘buy one book, get one half price'
- Airspresso is offering locals a free coffee with a main meal
In addition to free terminal parking, the new Brookes Road Car Park behind Mitre 10 is also running two weeks free parking over the same period for those needing parking solutions in the Five Mile/Queenstown Central area. From November, pricing for the carpark will also reduce by 50%.
“From November locals will be able to park all day in Brookes Road Car Park for just $4 which is a great option for those wanting to find an easy parking solution in Frankton, then bus into the CBD, or those who work in the area,” Jess said.
*To receive free parking, visitors to the airport will need to enter and exit between the hours of 11.30am and 1.30pm and take their parking ticket to the information desk inside the terminal by arrivals for validation.
- Sustainable Christmas Shopping Guide
- Queenstown Airport ready to reconnect with Auckland
- Queenstown Airport achieves Toitū Carbonreduce Certification
- Queenstown Airport AGM and Shareholder Briefing for Financial Year 2021
- Queenstown Airport embarks on Airport Safety Week 2021
View All News