Royal couple touches down in Queenstown
13 Apr 2014
13 April 2014
Queenstown turned on a stunning autumn day to welcome the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge today.
The royal couple officially touched down at Queenstown Airport at 2.15pm in a Royal New Zealand Air Force Boeing 757.
They were met by Mayor Vanessa Van Uden and husband Peter Laurenson before being whisked away to their afternoon engagements – a tasting at Amisfield showcasing some of the region’s best wines and a ride on the world famous Shotover Jet.
- Queenstown Airport welcomes flights back to the Southern Lakes region
- Domestic air travel allowed under Alert Level 2
- QAC to submit revised Statement of Intent in October 2020
- Queenstown Airport supporting essential services
- Queenstown Airport moving to COVID-19 Alert Level 4 operations
View All News