Queenstown Airport gearing up for the Easter long weekend
06 Apr 2021
Queenstown Airport is ready to welcome domestic visitors to the Southern Lakes district for the Easter holiday period.
The busiest days will be Thursday, Friday, and Monday with 168 flights (arrivals and departures) scheduled between Thursday 1 April and Monday 5 April. We are expecting about 22,000 passengers to come through the terminal over the five days.
Pre-COVID, in 2019 there were about 30,000 domestic passenger movements over the Easter period. Easter fell later in April 2019.
Queenstown Airport holiday parking special
Queenstown Airport is again offering special parking rates at Queenstown Airport’s terminal carpark B to make travel arrangements easier and more affordable for members of the Southern Lakes community heading off to explore New Zealand or visit whanau over Easter and the school holidays.
The parking promotion is available throughout the holiday period until Saturday 8 May. The holiday promotion applies to carpark B only and is offered on a first come first served basis. Carpark B bookings cannot be made online however availability is updated in real time and can be checked on the website homepage.
- Parking map: The Queenstown Airport terminal parking map is available here.
- Flight information: Queenstown Airport’s flight information can be accessed online. Please note that schedule changes are updated daily.
- Latest updates: Visit Queenstown Airport’s website for the latest COVID-19 updates and advice for travellers.
- Top tips for travelling this winter
- Queenstown Airport launches compost initiative
- Statement in response to Mountain Scene article ‘Rental Shocker’ (Thursday 31 March)
- Queenstown and Wānaka ready and waiting to welcome Aussies back
- Queenstown Airport encourages Government to provide certainty for ski season
View All News