What is the Hidden Disability Sunflower?
The Hidden Disability Sunflower is a symbol used globally to give people with disabilities a way to discreetly indicate they have a non-obvious disability and may need additional support, time, or understanding as they go about their daily lives. At Queenstown Airport, we offer the Hidden Disability Sunflower lanyard and a Sunflower card, free of charge.
How to get a Sunflower lanyard and card at Queenstown Airport:
- When you arrive at Queenstown Airport make your way to the Airport Information Desk located in the main terminal (open 08:30-17:00, daily)
- Ask the Queenstown Airport Operations staff member on duty for a Sunflower lanyard and card
- Optional: complete your contact information on the back of the card
Please note: that either the person with the disability or someone travelling with them can wear the lanyard – it’s your choice.
What the wearer can expect from the Queenstown Airport community:
- Respect, kindness, and understanding
- The team will ask if you need any help and assist to the best of their ability
Please understand the Sunflower lanyard does not give those choosing to wear it priority passenger screening or facilitation. We will, however, support and help you the best way we can to ensure your airport experience is enjoyable.
If you have any questions or would like to secure your Sunflower lanyard ahead of time please contact:
Queenstown Airport Operations
P: +64 3 450 9031