The Otago Regional Council, with support from the Queenstown Lakes District Council and New Zealand Transport Authority, brings you Orbus - a new bus service for Queenstown.
It is the easiest, most convenient and most affordable way to get around Queenstown with flat-rate fares for just $2.
The buses run to and from Queenstown Airport regularly throughout the day from 6 am until midnight.
Get a GoCard!
- The $2 fare is only available to GoCard holders. There is a one-off cost of $5 to buy a GoCard but once you have it you’ll have ongoing access to the $2 fare.
- If your single bus journey involves 2 or more stages it still only costs $2. Just make sure that you board each bus within 30 minutes of getting off the previous bus.
- Without the GoCard, cash fares will be $4 for a child and $5 for an adult. If travelling to Queenstown Airport, the fare will be $2 with a GoCard or cash fare $8 for a child and $10 for an adult.
- The minimum top-up for GoCards is $10. GoCards can be topped up anywhere that they’re sold. An online top-up system will be introduced in April 2018.
- You can purchase a GoCard for $5 from Queenstown Airport, O’Connell’s Mall kiosk (outside Goldfields Jewellers), or on every bus that’s part of the $2 bus network.
Routes and timetables:
- Route and timetable information can be viewed at www.orc.govt.nz/orbusqt
- Buses run regularly from 6 am until late, 7 days a week, and there are 4 return routes:
- Fernhill to Remarkables Park runs every 15 minutes right through until midnight
- Arrowtown to Arthurs Point (via Frankton) runs half-hourly on peak and hourly off-peak, through until 10 pm
- Kelvin Heights to Frankton Flats runs hourly through until 10 pm
- Lake Hayes Estate to Jacks Point runs half-hourly on peak and hourly off-peak, through until 10 pm